National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA)
- By Sudhansu Sahu
- January 16, 2020
What Is NTRA:-
National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA) is the certificate use for telecom equipment and wireless technology.
Every country has telecommunications regulatory bodies that govern telecommunications systems in their countries. likewise, NTRA is the government approval bodies for wireless and telecommunication product in Egypt market.
NTRA was formed in line with the provisions of Telecom Regulation Law No. 10/ 2003 and acts as independent regulatory authority overseeing the telecommunications sector in Egypt, improving its services and expanding its usage.
As per NTRA regulation any wireless product or communications equipment need a NTRA certification to get into the Egypt market.
Objective Of NTRA: -
- Aim of NTRA is to enhance the service in compliance with the modern technologies.
- Make sure quality of these technological product reach to customer with most appropriate price and satisfy the customer with regards to the quality.
Time to wait for the certification is six and eight weeks.
The certification is permanently valid; hence certification is not required for unchanged product.
Mark for the NTRA has not yet defined
Who Must Apply For NTRA: -
Any person, firm, manufacturer, company, who is the initial supplier of the telecommunication product or equipment into the Egypt market have to get the certificate.
Product Range: -
Following are the range of product which needs NTRA certification.
Terminal Equipment: -
- Various types of telephones
- Fax Machine
- Plug-in / payphones
- LPU (line protection)
- All types of public / private switch
- GSM mobile stations and telephone
Radio Communication Apparatus: -
- Radio transmission / reception device
- Satellite communications equipment
- cordless phone
- Radar apparatus
- All indoor / outdoor, limited / Wireless IT communication device.
4PL Consultancy has a team of experts in Tariff classifications of wide variety of Product lines – Medical spares, Aerospace, Radiation Oncology machines & spares etc.